To apply for enrollment at Gentry Academy please complete the Student Application Form.
To be eligible for enrollment, students must be entering grade 5 or above. Gentry gives preference for enrollment of the following students who:
- Meet the application deadline
- Sibling of a currently enrolled pupil or foster child of the pupil’s parents
- Child of a Gentry Academy staff member
After the open enrollment period ends, if the number of student applications exceeds the space available, a lottery will be held the week following the enrollment deadline. If the number of applications does not exceed the space available at a given grade level, all applicants will be admitted, and the enrollment process will continue.
Applications will continue to be accepted after the open enrollment period, admitting students at grade levels with space available and placing students on the waitlist once the lottery has been completed for grade levels already at capacity.
The following are important dates for families interested in 2023-24 registration:
- November 1, 2022 – Enrollment opens for students for the academic year 2023-2024
- February 17, 2023 – Deadline for families to commit to attending Gentry
- February 17, 2023 at 4:00 pm – Deadline for applications to be included in the lottery
- Week of February 20-24, 2023 – Enrollment lottery takes place
- Week 2023 – Notification to families of lottery results
- The lottery shall begin with twelfth grade and work down by grade level.
- Student names are randomly drawn in the lottery process. All siblings of a student whose name is drawn in the lottery will automatically receive sibling preference for enrollment or for placement on the waiting list for their grade level if that level has no open slots for placement.
- Parents of students admitted to Gentry via the lottery process will be notified via e-mail or post card within 10 business days. Students admitted shall have 30 days from the date of their notification of admission to submit a Letter of Commitment. Failure to submit such form so that the school receives it within the 30 day time limit shall automatically result in loss of the student’s admission.
- Children not chosen in the lottery will be placed on a waiting list by the same lottery process described above, and their parents will be notified of their child’s placement ranking on the waiting list. If anyone declines the opportunity to enroll, the next child on the waiting list will be offered the spot.
- After the enrollment lottery, names will continue to be added to the bottom of the waiting list in the order in which their applications are received. Siblings of enrolled students applying after the enrollment lottery shall receive sibling preference and be placed at the top of the waiting list in the order in which their applications are received.
- When a vacancy occurs during the school year, it may or may not be filled, at the discretion of Gentry Academy. Such vacancies will be filled, if at all, in order from the waiting list.